Sunday, 5 November 2017

update... update

My friend Jill came from the states with her beau Mike. Jill for a little background is a cardiac nurse practitioner from America and Mike manages their family-owned rehab business. both hailing from California, they have this grit and self-confidence that most fil-ams have.

Together with my Dublin friends Jo and Ling, we had a yummy dinner in Skinflint. It is a pizza place in Temple bar which is very handy because jill and mike's hotel is in the area. Aside from naming their pizza's with girly names, Skinflint's crust is thin and crispy. their flavor is not complex and they got this spicy honey that's a perfect dupe for hot sauce.

as usual, I have a little mishap. I accidentally placed a spoon of the spicy honey in my hyper sour lemonade thinking it will just sweeten it a bit. thankfully, jo stopped me from adding another scoop of the honey. and another thing to thank for is my lemonade was unaffected with the spicy honey. it remained awfully sour haha.

we had a nice time pub crawling immediately after our nice dinner. I had Balmer's apple cider (my usual) before dinner, another apple cider of different brand in a pub next to the Christ Church, and finally, a strawberry cider which has a very hot pink hue. too bad I forgot the brand of the cider but it is just so yummy and juicy. I hate bitter beers so I'm happy with my lowkey choices... weakling girly choices haha. some bars here in Ireland don't serve cocktails so beer it was all for me all throughout. I'm just sadly calculating all the calories I took because, after our mini crawl, we ended in McDonald's. I had some cheese and herbs balls and a chocolate donut to close the night. Intense carbo loading huhu.

I am still mourning over my calorie/sugar intake yesterday. My consolation is that I had a lot of fun memories with my homies! nice to see Jill and mike again. and it is nice to talk about careers when tipsy (hi ling and jo!!!)

it is noel's bar exam today. it is handy that I had a chance to ease my nerves with alcohol and friends yesterday. I am too proud of my husband. <3  my best husband ever.


ps: well... yep. wives can drink too..... in eradicating the idea of wives being a stay at home, knitting bonnets, and cooking dinners. there's more to life than vacuuming LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment