Saturday, 13 May 2017

butchers to save the day

eating out is always expensive anywhere except in the Philippines. cooking is always the best option to be healthier and richer haha. I'm not trained to cook my own food. my mom tried but one hot day, my sister collapsed because of hypoglycemia after chopping sayote haha . after that my mom stopped teaching us. my mom spoiled us with great food with just one promise, study well.  mommy I did, I did! haha but wala, I never learned how to cook when I was in the Philippines. when I went abroad, I was forced to. I believe it is too essential for anyone outside the Philippines to learn. I believe that cooking is not only a talent, it is one mode to exist and be a healthy individual.

in Dubai, my health plummeted to its worst. I had a one week of strep throat infection, multiple flu, severe vitamin d deficiency, asthma attack, irritable bowel syndrome (self-diagnosed haha) and it was my first time to experience extreme laryngitis. no voice was coming out of my pipes for days. I got really scared I'll be mute and ill need to file for sudden disability. hehe oa.

all my "diseases" were because of my bad diet. I ate Cheetos and KitKat for dinner. hehe, puro junk foods and sweets. no real protein, fruits and etc. I didn't like cooking so I took out all of my lunch and dinners. hay, I realized how fortunate I am to have a mom who cooks. in Dubai, in always hungry. I get healthily fed when sanirae my friend cooks or I take out gulay.

Currently, in Ireland, I'm fortunate to have a kitchen of my own. somewhat mine. haha 4 of us share the kitchen. the ratio 1:4 is extremely better than a kitchen vs 15 people sharing it in Dubai. I feel healthier, plumper huhu, but happier. I eat good food here...

moral story:
1. eat real food. you may be full because of snacks/chips/chocolates. but you are definitely malnourished and sugar high. it will reflect on your health by being weak and sick all the time.
2, learn to cook basic things. you will survive the real world! <3


No comments:

Post a Comment