We bought a laptop and a TV. The catch is, it is just 3 days apart! It was a feat! It was possible for us to buy both of them months ago but delayed gratification made the purchases more special.
My ancient laptop of 6 years was my 1st big purchase ever. It was bittersweet when it finally gave up on me. It slowly started to slow down and be a complete nuisance, however, it is worth a lot of sentiments. I bought it during my adjustment period as a first timer in overseas away from friends, family and comfort zone. It had been a great companion in a lot of lonely times. That laptop helped me breeze a lot of failed recipes, do-it-yourself hacks, and of course career-related things.
A new era has passed by really. Gone is my roaring 20s. Now I'm in my 30s living in Europe, and highly aware how different I already am with my younger colleagues. All of this with a new laptop, a new tool for more adult related questions and transactions (hopefully). I'm just triggered.
Now comes fear. Was it too much for 3 days?!?!! I am at a constant fear of overspending and I can't help but overthink if we really deserve those two expensive things in such a short period of time. My husband is a c'est la vie kind of person. He is yet to surpass his purchasing satiety. I've done enough over-shopping back in Dubai. I'm telling you I do regret some of my expensive purchases as they end up unused and donated. I am the calculator of the house. I budget and I balance. We are a tag team. A spoiler and a purchase insulter. I do really criticize a lot of our wants. I tried my best to align him with his business and budget. I really hope I'm doing it right.
O well. that's it. haha we really need to cook home cooked meals more.
My ancient laptop of 6 years was my 1st big purchase ever. It was bittersweet when it finally gave up on me. It slowly started to slow down and be a complete nuisance, however, it is worth a lot of sentiments. I bought it during my adjustment period as a first timer in overseas away from friends, family and comfort zone. It had been a great companion in a lot of lonely times. That laptop helped me breeze a lot of failed recipes, do-it-yourself hacks, and of course career-related things.
A new era has passed by really. Gone is my roaring 20s. Now I'm in my 30s living in Europe, and highly aware how different I already am with my younger colleagues. All of this with a new laptop, a new tool for more adult related questions and transactions (hopefully). I'm just triggered.
Now comes fear. Was it too much for 3 days?!?!! I am at a constant fear of overspending and I can't help but overthink if we really deserve those two expensive things in such a short period of time. My husband is a c'est la vie kind of person. He is yet to surpass his purchasing satiety. I've done enough over-shopping back in Dubai. I'm telling you I do regret some of my expensive purchases as they end up unused and donated. I am the calculator of the house. I budget and I balance. We are a tag team. A spoiler and a purchase insulter. I do really criticize a lot of our wants. I tried my best to align him with his business and budget. I really hope I'm doing it right.
O well. that's it. haha we really need to cook home cooked meals more.
No comments:
Post a Comment