Update! Update!.... :)
Money:
My perspective about Euros is always times 4. I was in Dubai for almost 5 years and I adapted the Dirham currency. My first few days in Dubai was challenging because Philippine Peso would usually cost thousands with some purchases "MASAKIT. However, now that the value of Euros for me is times 4, it is easier but still, tough luck that my tax-free days are over. One good thing that I can compare to purchases here vs the USA is that the tax is already added to the product. I hate computing percentages.
Food:
I can't cook great food. I cook minimally just for survival. I am quite thankful that salads and fruits don't need to be heated in a pan. I suck generally on the "taste" part of cooking. I feel that all my masterpieces taste the same--- teriyaki sauce. I am in great luck that a lot of quick and easy to prepare meals can be bought in any grocery store. They ain't bad though. There's a decent steak with mashed potato and side salad costing 5 euros. But still, it will really cost less to cook. I feel safe though. There will always be a food on my table if I go hungry because of these pre-cooked/pre-prepared meals. Grocery is just a few steps from my apartment so hurray.
People:
Being here for almost 4 weeks now, I observed so much. From people being generally polite, up to their crazy Pub Fridays, Dubliners has their own culture and character. Generally, people here are really nice!
Health:
p.s I enrolled in a nearby gym costing 30 euros a month because I'm an employee of the nearest hospital (how cool is that!). Just finished yoga earlier and my back feels brand new.
I'm still doing great. I just hope I'll survive my adaptation program. Push pa more.
No comments:
Post a Comment